Future global economy as seen from 1965
Image by Quasimondo
Germany’s ambitious -billion rail masterplan divides residents
STUTTGART, Germany, Aug. 23 (AFP) – With work barely begun, public ire over one of Europe’s biggest construction projects has exposed some hard truths about Germany, the continent’s top economy. Protestors have come out in force against a seven-billion-euro (-billion) grand plan to turn Stuttgart and the surrounding region into a 21st-century continental rail hub.
Read more on Manila Bulletin
Bundesbank: German economy to grow 3 pct in 2010
BERLIN—Germany s economy is on course to grow by about 3 percent this year after a spectacular second-quarter growth spurt, the country s central bank said as it sharply raised its growth estimate.
Read more on Silver City Sun-News
- Turkey Economy and read about 2010 World Basketball Championship To Contribute 300 Million Tl To Turkish Economy
- Serbia Economy and read about Serbian oligarchies under scrutiny
- Bosnia Herzegovina Economy and read about EU ratings at risk on economy austerity – Moody’s
- Oman Economy and read about Oman Shares Lead Decline in Gulf on Growth Concern; Qatar Gains
- Brazil Economy and read about Brazil: Venture Capital’s New Hot Spot